POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Patchability of v3.1e? : Patchability of v3.1e? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Patchability of v3.1e?
From: Alex Vandiver
Date: 11 Apr 1999 13:59:11
Message: <3710D4D7.E16F547F@tiac.net>
Heya, all..
For some strange reason, I have yet to find any patch that works
correctly with v3.1e  For various reasons, they all barf and fail to
run.  For example, SuperPatch and Dispersion complain about "wrong
editor DLL version," whereas WYZPOV, IsoSurface, and TMPOV proclaim that
they "cannot find Home entry in registry or WIN.INI."  Neither of these
accusations are true; the editor is fine, and the Home entry is in both
the registry and the win.ini file.  Suspecting something awry with the
original installation, I uninstalled and re-installed POV from scratch,
but to no effect; the official POV works, but no patches do.  Has anyone
run across this or a similar problem, or has my copy of POV become
infused with an egocentric, monopolistic view of society?
-Alex Vandiver